• Dinner Theatre (twice yearly) APR 28-30 & May 05-07, 2017 – NOV 3-5, 10-12
• Summer Theatre July 19, 20, 26, 27
• Spring Craft Show MAY 20-21, 2017
• Golf Tournament JUNE 1, 2017
• Buckhorn Farmers Market JUN 27- AUG 29, 2017 – 8:30-1pm every Tues
• Canada Day Celebrations JUL 1st annually
• Rock the Locks AUG 26, 2017
• Quilting at the Lakes Bi-Annual – 2018
• Harvest Craft Show OCT 7-9, 2017
• Holiday Magic Weekend NOV 25 & 26
In the Spring and Autumn, the Buckhorn Community Centre is transformed into a theatre. The Hall’s Bridge Players – no, they’re not bridge players – these players act out or up and bring comedies to life for the enjoyment of sold-out audiences.
In the Spring, the event takes place over six nights in April. Tickets go on sale in February/March. The Autumn dinner theatre happens in November for six nights and tickets are on sale in September. We always perform comedies. (See below for exact dates.)
We are always looking for actors, kitchen help, table setters, and young people to serve the meals. If you’d like to help out, email us at email@example.com or call the Centre at 705-657-8833.
SUMMER THEATRE 2017
We are excited to be launching our Spring play for summer residents and visitors sponsored by Sales Representative Rhonda Brewster, RE/MAX All-Stars Realty Inc . This hilarious play was sold out in the Spring. This summers performance by the Hall’s Bridge Players will be Wednesday July 19 and 26 and Thursday July 20 and 27. Doors open at 6pm and the plays starts at 7pm. Tickets are $22 dollars. Groups of 10 or more are $21 and can secure this discount by calling the BCC. Dessert and beverage between acts is included. We are licenced. This is good clean comedy but is rated PG. Tickets are non refundable. Listed below are restaurants that have partnered with us……check out the links to their information.
Why not enjoy an early dinner or lunch on the day that you are coming to the performance. We have partnered with some restaurants in the area and they are offering discounts or special options if you show your ticket. The following have partnered with us thus far
- Pizza Allora, Buckhorn – 20% discount
- Embers Grill House, Bobcaygeon – 10% discount
- Mainstreet Landing, Buckhorn – for every 2 entrees ordered, get one 1/2 pound sticky fingers FREE
- The Olde Icehouse, Buckhorn – 20% discount on the Canada 150 Special
(bison, elk, vension slider)
- Honey’s Diner, Woodview – 15% discount
- Marley’s Bar & Grill, Buckhorn – Two can dine for $20. Fish & Chips or Cheeseburger & Fries
- Fredericks @ Beachwood Resort, Buckhorn – Receive a half price appetizer when you order an entree
Reservations are suggested at all restaurants
Fall production comment – “The play was hilarious, the actors were enthusiastic and amazing. It is so great to go out for an evening (so reasonably) with friends and share a laugh. On top of the play you add an amazing meal served by smiling young people!”
SPRING CRAFT SHOW
May long weekend
Looking to start spring by rejuvenating your space? Then the Spring Craft Show at the Buckhorn Community Centre should be your first stop. Whether you’re looking for handmade furniture, garden accessories or ceramic pottery for your home, you’ll find it at this show.
But the fun doesn’t stop with your home décor. You can also find one-of-a-kind designer clothing for adults and children, jewellery and woven goods or tempt your taste-buds with local gastronomical delights such as candy, honey, jams and jellies.
Hours are Saturday, 10 a.m. – 5 p.m.; Sunday, 10 a.m. – 5 p.m. Admission for adults is $5.00 and children 12 and under are free. There is ample free parking and refreshments are available. No Pets Allowed
Click HERE for information about becoming an exhibitor or contact the Buckhorn Community Centre at 705-657-8833.
CANADA DAY CELEBRATIONS 150
Always held July 1, our celebrations take place from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. and 8 p.m. until fireworks (approximately 10 p.m.). The marketplace is open 10am – 4pm. These vendors are all under cover and include garage sale items, crafts and more. Many activities are going on during the day.
2017 Daytime Activities include
- North Star Productions will have their planetarium and presenting shows through the day inside the BCC.
TIME: 10:30am – 3:30am
- Evolve Skateboard and Scooter lessons and demo by the Sports pad – ALL DAY…SPONSORED by Ray Duff -Embray Consulting Services & Sales Ltd, Serendipity Craft Werx, and Sales Representative – Margaret Weikmann of Royal Lepage FRANK
- Bouncers inside the Sportspad – ALL DAY
- Decorate your bike parade….info HERE
- Flyball dog demo in the ballpark during the day….2 SHOWS TBA
- Bikes are welcome on the ballpark to use the course SPONSORED by JOYRIDE
- Pony rides behind the BCC SPONSORED by Buckhorn Riding Academy
- Entertainment and magic in the park with Craig Douglas – 2 SHOWS – 12:15 & 2:15
- Cake cutting at 1pm with cupcakes for all
- Try out shooting a bow and arrow behind the baseball diamond with Saugeen Shafts
- Family priced BBQ and French Fries, chicken fingers and poutine in Festival Park! 11am – 3pm
- Check out the licenced pub in and around Cardinal Building for a cold one with your food and enjoy entertainment by the Buckhorn Jammers 11am – 3pm
- Snack Shack with Walking Tacos – 10am – 4pm, candy bar SPONSORED by Swanky Events ice cream sponsored in part by Kawartha Dairy
- Be sure to check out KenJen Petting Zoo in the west parking lot ALL DAY
- Facepainting in the park & crafts inside the BCC ALL DAY
- Games on the front lawn 11am-3pm
- Buckhorn Fire Department
- Bingo in the park 10:30am – 3:30pm
- Evening activities include: Snack Shack 8pm – 9:45pm , outdoor movie, crafts inside the BCC, music by the DJ Robert, playing all Canadian music, licenced patio
- Fireworks at 10pm SPONSORED by Buckhorn District Tourist Association
Park in the upper parking lot for daytime activities and catch the FREE shuttle bus down to the BCC.
There is no admission to the event, however some activities may have a small fee. DONATIONS ARE WELCOME……………….SORRY PETS ARE NOT
*Locations of events may change according to the weather.
There is an opportunity for you to sell your crafts, have a garage sale or market your business for a small fee. Get your application HERE
Not for profit organizations are welcome to join the day. There is no cost for you but we would like you to have an activity at your booth. You can get your application HERE
“Let me start with thanking all of you for the July 1 festivities. It was so amazing and very well organized. We live in Ajax and ever since we bought our cottage 8 years ago, we only go to the Buckhorn Canada Day festivities.
Our kids love the climbing rock, the free petting zoo, the different magicians, the $1 Kawartha Dairy ice cream, the homemade grilled onions on the hamburgers, the jumping castles (one year, you had the Velcro jumping castle, that was great fun for teens), the hundreds and hundreds of homemade Canada Day cupcakes, the free watermelon everywhere, the friendly vendors with their great deals and so on!!! Thank you to the great volunteers of the Buckhorn Community Centre!”
Angelique ~ Ajax, Ontario
BUCKHORN FINE ART FESTIVAL
Discover the Power of Art at this award winning Fine Art Festival and Sale. Meet and greet over 90 professional artists, and watch them at work. At this juried art show and sale of original fine art, prints, sculpture, and tapestries, visitors enjoy world class art and live music among the pines and galleries at the Buckhorn Community Centre. Other events include an art competition and a youth art display with interactive art activities, open to the public to enter and participate.
Friday is Preview night – be the first to view and buy new fine art “releases”, enjoy musical entertainment and delicious snacks, while strolling thru the Festival galleries.
Come see why the Buckhorn Fine Art Festival was named one of the Top 100 Festivals in the Province of Ontario. The Buckhorn Fine Art Festival is a major fundraiser for the Buckhorn Community Centre. Over 300 volunteers give their hearts and smarts to this wonderful event.
For further information about the Buckhorn Fine Art Festival visit www.buckhornfineart.com or call 1-877-300-9766.
No Pets Allowed
BUCKHORN ANNUAL GOLF TOURNAMENT
Mark your calendar now for May 31, 2018 and get your team together for a fun best ball scramble at the Quarry in Ennismore. Support the BCC and enjoy lunch, dinner, golf and prizes. BCC members receive an extra discount!
BUCKHORN FARMERS & CRAFT MARKET
Held every Tuesday 8:30am-1pm mid JUNE – AUGUST each year. The 2017 market starts Tuesday June 27 and the last one is August 29. Check out the poster below for all the information and some of the items that will be here
Please note that sometimes a vendor is not at the market due to other commitments.
Why not come out to the BCC and enjoy our “Ole Fashioned Fish Fry”. We are deep frying Lake Erie Yellow Perch and French Fries. Bring the whole family. There will be entertainmnet that you can dance to or just tap your feet. This event is licenced. Choose from 4 seatings. That way there is not a long wait! Check here for all the information
HARVEST CRAFT SHOW
It’s never too early to start your holiday gift shopping. And there’s no better place to begin than the Harvest Craft Show at the Buckhorn Community Centre. More than 120 artisans from across Canada offer jewellery, designer clothing, soaps, woven goods, handmade furniture, home accessories and even local gastronomical delights including candy, honey, jams and jellies.
You’ll find something for everyone on your list at the Harvest Craft Show.
Hours are Saturday, 10 a.m. – 5 p.m.; Sunday, 10 a.m. – 5 p.m.; Monday, 10 a.m. – 4 p.m. Admission for adults is $5.00 and children 12 and under are free. There is ample free parking and refreshments are available.
Click HERE for more information about becoming an exhibitor or contact the Buckhorn Community Centre at 705-657-8833.
IN THE “NICK” OF TIME – Will no longer happen. Look for something new coming on this weekend