Volunteer with the Buckhorn Community Centre
Volunteering can be a very rewarding and enriching experience. When you volunteer at the Buckhorn Community Centre, you have an opportunity to:
- make a difference in people’s lives and in your own community
- meet new people and make new friends
- use your skills, and gain new skills and valuable work experience
- be part of a team working towards a common goal
“By volunteering, I get a lot more back than I give. I enjoy meeting new people, the camaraderie and supporting the BCC” Darlene L., Buckhorn, Ontario
We need volunteers like you!
Volunteering is a great way to make a difference in your community. Volunteers are our life-blood. The BCC offers a wide variety of activities, events and programs, scheduled throughout the year and throughout the day (often seven days a week), to meet the recreational and social needs of our community. Remarkably, only 2-1/2 full-time staff manage all of this activity with the assistance of three part-time show Directors and OVER 300 VOLUNTEERS who donate their time, hearts and smarts!
What can you expect?
Our Volunteers are of all ages (age 10 years and up – from youth to seniors), and come from all walks of life. As a Volunteer, you can give as much or as little time as you want. From a one-time basis, to an occasional few hours, to increased activities on committees, to a full-time commitment – it’s all up to you.
Since the Buckhorn Community Centre provides a wide range of programs and services,
there are many Volunteer opportunities you can choose from, including:
- supporting fundraising events (we have seven major fundraising events during the year)
- supporting community events such as youth activities, senior activities, sporting activities
- providing office administration duties
- serving on committees (such as Building & Site Maintenance, Beautification)
- serving on the Board of Directors
How we honour our Volunteers
Each year we recognize the contributions of our many Volunteers, now over 300, at our annual Volunteer dinner event. This is a wonderful opportunity for Volunteers to come together and be thanked, to connect with other Volunteers and to hear about the impact of their support to the Buckhorn Community Centre. At this event we honour a Volunteer with the presentation of the Founders Award. This award is for anyone who exemplifies the mission of the BCC. Fill out a Founders Award form today!
At our 2015 volunteer appreciation we held a loonie and silent auction. Without the support of local businesses we would not have been able to raise have such a successful night. The local businesses support the BCC and we would like you to support them!
Become a volunteer today by filling out the application below!